Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Who's on First?

Poor Lucy.

First birthday this week.
First serious runny nose.
Still waiting on her first tooth.

She had a hard time sleeping last night, and therefore so did all of our household.  And possibly, neighborhood.

Today she is resting a little more comfortably, watching tv with no pants on while eating soda crackers.  (Coincidentally, my favorite thing to do when I am sick)

I know some of you will say a quick prayer that my sweet baby is back to her happy self before her birthday.  Hopefully, God will hear our prayers and isn't too busy revealing himself to people in Ohio via bird poop.  Keep reading, I'm not just randomly being blasphemous.

Yes, a man in Ohio discovered the face of Jesus in bird poop on his car recently.  Two reasons (out of 100) why I don't believe it...

1.  The medium of bird poop is not nearly as permanent as toast.  Bird poop only lasts until it rains, toast is forever.

2.  I would like to think God had better taste than to appear in Ohio.  (so says the Pittsburgh Steeler fan)


Honestly, I don't even see it.  I think it looks like Kris Kristofferson.

And this is the kind of news story you see at 4 a.m., while you comfort a screaming nearly-one year old.



No comments:

Post a Comment