Thursday, February 14, 2013

Here's a big ol' kiss for ya!


At Girl Scouts last night, Abby made me a giant Hershey kiss. We made them with rice krispie treats and shaped them with funnels.  Fun and delicious.  To be honest, they sort of looked like boobs before the foil was wrapped around them.  Thankfully, if the girls noticed, they kept quiet about it.  Not something I would try with Boy Scouts though, unless you were interested in Beavis and Butthead style giggling.

I had a special dinner planned for tonight- fun, tasty and not even the slightest bit romantic.  I bought biscuits and pressed them into muffin tins that were supposed to make lovely cups, suitable for filling with other tasty treats.  I chose Sloppy Joes and cheddar cheese for our Valentine's dinner.  Well some knucklehead (named Sarah) bought the Grands version of the biscuits, so the cups puffed up too much and the centers no longer existed.  There was a slight center to the cups, which I could have filled with an eye dropper of Sloppy Joe, had I not been too busy grumbling under my breath.

We ended up breaking the biscuits in half and ate them "a la king style".  Super delicious, just not as pretty.

No complaints from the family, so I guess they were a hit anyway.  Despite my kitchen disasters, these people really must love me.

Happy Valentine's Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment