Friday, February 8, 2013

Jazz band follow-up (You won't believe it)

If I had no bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck.

Abby made the jazz band, but not on the drum set which she really wanted.  She wanted it so much, she refused to try out for the other drum options.  Her band teacher asked me to try and talk her into accepting another position because she enjoys jazz band and is a good musician.  I told him she would accept the position of "auxiliary percussion" and not to worry, I would talk her into it.

During our email interactions, he also said that he asked all the students which of them wanted to audition first because they had to leave early.  Abby's hand went in the air.  She just assumed I would be there early.

So, Abby and I talked and she agreed to play the other percussion instruments and it was a much better day.

Until...............

My email got hacked.  And the hackers sent a photo of a large breasted woman to everyone in my contacts list.  Now stop and remember who I just got done emailing earlier that day.....

Yes, I sent a picture of boobs to the band director.

Now, I sent a picture of boobs to about 300 people in my contacts list to be fair, but I received a few "heads up" calls that I had been hacked.  And then I found this email...

"Why did you send me this???"

From the band director.  The thud you just heard is my head hitting the computer, a thud that comes every time I think about this.

I knew that the wrong answer, which I really kind of wanted to type was "Because I am a raging sociopath" so I typed "My email account was hacked.  I am very, very sorry."

I'm pretty sure the band director may think I am trying to get Abby on that drum set one way or another, including flashing him MY drum set in an email.

WHY MEEEEEEEEE???????  

(Abby's aide at school is explaining to him this morning that I am NOT a crazy person, that I just am having a really bad week)

Enjoy your weekend people, and if I sent you an email, I guess you owe me some Mardi Gras beads.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah, I'm guessing this is slightly less laughable from where you're sitting - but I find this pretty damned hilarious. I'll bet the band director was already composing a letter in his head that started with "Dear Penthouse, I never thought it would happen to me..."

    Laugh it out, cuz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I didn't laugh, I would for sure be crying. It's madness, this life o' mine. I just know I may be hiding at the next band concert! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry but I am laughing so hard my ribs hurt. I can just imagine this teachers thoughts

    ReplyDelete