Wednesday, January 23, 2013

It's starting to make sense

Lucy has been "baby talking" for some time now..."Mum mum mum mim mem mem mum" and "bad bad dad bad dad bad dad dad" are two of her favorite speeches.  She has also said "Aaaabee" and "Neenee" (which we believe to be "Granny").  A few days ago, she looked at her bottle and whispered "baba", like she was whispering sweet nothings to it.

About a week ago, came "Up".  Lucy stood on the bath mat, watching as I filled the tub with water and tubby toys, looked at me and said "Up".  Genius, right?  She has said "up" about 400 times since then, and at least 3 of those times have been an actual request to be picked up.

So trust me, I have realistic views about my nearly 11 month old's vocabulary.  I know that she is merely learning how to make noises, and most anything I hear is just random, which should make what I am about to share with you even funnier.

This evening, Lucy was sitting in the bathtub, playing with toys and it seemed as though she almost forgot I was there.  She looked up, caught my eye and said "waddup".  I, of course, scared her by yelling "Wazzzzzup?"  Don't judge me, it's nearly Super Bowl time.

After the bath, I wrapped her in a towel and gave her my "post-bath speech"...."Don't pee on Mommy."  She answered me with "gonpoop".

Don't worry, I do not believe my daughter was telling me she was going to poop.  However, I did move to the diaper and fresh clothes a little faster than usual.   Just a bit of happenstance that happened to make us laugh.

(and for the record, I ran for no reason - she was either just babbling or she has a wicked sense of humor)

No comments:

Post a Comment