Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Abby...the funniest person I know

My 13 year old, Abby, is the funniest person I know.

Tonight at girl scouts, while discussing peer pressure, we had the girls partner up and act out pressure situations.  I gave Abby the role of "the bad girl".  Each team was able to choose what activity the "bad girl" would be trying to convince her partner to do.

I hear Abby tell her partner, "I got this" and it was soon their turn.

Armed with a pen as a prop, dangling from her lips, Abby the bad girl began to pressure her partner to "be like the cool kids....and smoke cigars."

Abby:  "Hey - you should smoke cigars...all the cool kids are doing it."
J, her partner:  "No thanks."
A:  "See those hot guys over there?  (Points to me)  They think girls who smoke cigars are cool."
J:  "I don't want to"
A:  "Smoking cigars will make us really cool."
J:  (giggling by this point)  "Nope."

Abby then turns to me and says "I should totally be on C.S.I."


Abby....Justin Bieber's biggest fan, awesome big sister, math genius, tambourine player extraordinaire and oh yeah....she also has autism.  Certainly not the most interesting thing about her, but hopefully she will open some eyes to what kids with autism are like.  Witty, bright, loving and amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment