Thursday, January 24, 2013

Are you on Pinterest?

I was obsessed with Pinterest a few months back, and I have recently renewed my love of this website.  Lucy is turning one soon and I have been using Pinterest to plan her party.

So if you aren't on Pinterest (which I'm going to call "P" for now on since the red squiggly line signaling an incorrectly spelled word every time I type it is annoying me), here is the lowdown...

P is a place to share crafts ideas, recipes and Do It Yourself projects.  You can plan extravagant weddings there that very few could actually afford.  You can clothe babies that don't exist.  You can admire Halloween costumes that took months to build.  And you just might find something fun to do with your kids.

Imagine you have giant labeled bulletin boards (called "boards" on P) with categories like recipes, crafts, DIY projects and you look through ideas and "pin" them to your boards.  You follow your Facebook friends and random strangers, if you like their style.

Abby and I decided to take a 52 week Pinterest challenge.  Well...I decided and Abby didn't complain too much.  So week 1, we used our favorite crafting tool....Lucy's feet.  Painting Lucy's feet and stamping them on paper has become a fun tradition for Abby and I.  Pinterest has loads of ideas on how to turn those little piggies into amazing little works of art.  So I present to you, unfinished of course, to not spoil the surprise for the person receiving this Valentine's Day gift....




 "I love you down to the tips of my toes"

Check out Pinterest, especially on a snowy night...I'm off to find a new recipe for soup and some ideas on what to do with St Patty's Day foot prints!





No comments:

Post a Comment