Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Rock Star Mom

This morning, I felt like a rock star mom.  I looked out at Abby, waiting at the bus stop in the 2 degree weather, wearing her earmuffs, scarf and gloves and realized something...


I didn't tell her to put any of those things on.  She did it by herself.  Go Abby!

Success! Internal air guitar celebration!  Happy dancing in my pajamas!  "Wayne's World!  Party time!  Excellent!"  I'm a rock star. 

But for every "Walk the Line", there is a "Walk the Dinosaur"
For every "Disco Inferno", there is a "Disco Duck"


And just like life, when you are on top  - someone knocks you back to reality.  Even when you are a rock star.

Moments after Abby boarded the bus and was off to school, Lucy took off her left sock and handed it to me.  She then walked around the house wearing only the right sock for the next 3 hours.

Oh, Lucy.  You are a funny little stinker. 


1 comment:

  1. Cecilia frequently walks around in one sock. Yesterday it was one barefoot and the other had sock and shoe...

    ReplyDelete