Friday, January 10, 2014

peanut shells

Lucy has been watching a lot of Charlie Brown cartoons lately, and there is one called "Happy New Year, Charlie Brown" that you may not have seen.

Without ruining it for you, Charlie Brown gets assigned to read "War and Peace" over Christmas break and misses the big New Year's Eve party thrown by Peppermint Patty and Marcie.  Patty and Marcie both want to dance with "Chuck" at midnight but he is still crushing on the little red haired girl.

Conversations I have had with myself today:

Why is Charlie Brown more well-read than I am?

Why are these cartoon characters so relationship-obsessed?  The Peanuts Gang must live in Peyton Place 

Why is Peppermint Patty so mad that Charlie Brown invited the little red haired girl to her party when Peppermint Patty set the precedent by inviting herself, Marcie AND Franklin to Thanksgiving?




It is quite possible that I need some adult-time.  Thank God it's Friday.


Thanks everyone for the advice regarding Abby's Kindle and the charging of it overnight.  I'm glad to hear it won't do too much damage to it, but I refuse to accept that "Abby was right" since she didn't listen to her mother.  Am I right Moms?  Thanks again, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment