Saturday, April 6, 2013

I am a mom.
I am a damn good mom.  And I had a damn fine day.

Today, I cooked three different breakfasts for 4 people.
Thank God Rob eats the same meal as me.

Today, I gave an inspirational speech about "showing a poop who is boss"
Twenty minutes later, I congratulated that person on "being a really good pooper"

Today, I watched a 1 year old fall asleep clutching a french fry.
Twenty minutes later, I ate that french fry.  Not my finest moment.

Today, I told a teenager she could NOT join Justin Bieber's fan club for 99 dollars a year.
I will probably have that conversation again tomorrow.
Oh - correction...$99 plus shipping.  What the eff are they shipping?

Today, the local mall had a gun show and kids in a Lego building contest at the same time.
When my husband mentioned this scheduling was lunacy, I fell in love just a little bit more.

Today, we saw two parents struggling with a child who was clearly autistic and in the middle of a meltdown.
Tonight, I will pray for those parents, and for that little boy.  And many, many others.

I hope your Saturday was as nice as mine.
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment