Monday, April 22, 2013

Herding the Sheep

Because you care...
She has courage
Because you challenge...
She has confidence
Because you encourage...
She has character

This was a card I received from Girl Scouts USA in honor of Leader Appreciation Day.  It reminded me so much of every day with Abby.

On Saturday, we went to a wedding.  My kids were the first ones on the dance floor.  I took a break from dancing with them and Lucy and I went and sat with Rob for a few minutes.

Rob said "What is Abby doing?" and raised an eyebrow.  She was doing a version of Mick Jagger's chicken-like dance and was circling the outside of the crowd of dancers.  It was hysterical (my mother later coined it "herding the sheep") but it was also quite remarkable.

She didn't care what she looked like.  She wasn't holding in her stomach, wishing her Spanx was working better, like her mother.  She wasn't self conscious about anything.  She wasn't keeping to herself, in a 3 foot square piece of dance floor she carved out for herself, like most of us tend to do.  She proudly strutted around the crowd.

And I must say I am jealous, for she dances like no one is watching and if she knows you are watching, she flicks her bangs to the side like Bieber and gives her arm a quick snap.

Courage
Character
Confidence
Abby


No comments:

Post a Comment