Monday, March 25, 2013

No business like snow business

I almost deleted someone as a Facebook friend today because of their snarky status about snow.

To paraphrase, "Shut up about the snow, deal with it, you live in Pennsylvania."

Kiss my weather-chapped ass.

This is Pennsylvania, spring should look significantly less like "the Deadliest Catch".  I'm not a fan of snow, but even the most hardened Pennsylvanian can agree that 5 months of winter is more than any of us signed up for.  

5 months?  What?  Yes...when it starts snowing in November and is still going strong in March - that's 5 months, people.

And I am pretty sure that after 5 months, I have the right to bitch about snow if I want to.  Considering my husband leaves for work at 5:15 am well before the roads are usually cleared, I think I have a right to squawk if I want to.  And squawk I shall.

Yes, snow is pretty.  In December.  In March it is merely an inconvenience.

And stop blaming the damn Groundhog, It is a rodent put on display by bored old men in top hats.  It is an animal, thrust into the spotlight year after year who is nothing more than severely confused about the goings on around him.  (Kind of like Trump does to Gary Busey every year on the Celebrity Apprentice)  

I need to go to my happy place, where it is 85 degrees and my babies are happy.




........tonight's blog post has been brought to you by Seasonal Affective Disorder, extended release..............







2 comments:

  1. I know right?! Every time I look at the forecast (or out the damned window) and see snow, I want to cut somebody. My college has called two snow days in the last month. In MARCH. WTF is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. madness, that's what it is...sheer madness.

    Um...and global warming.

    ReplyDelete